Notice: Due to damage after the flooding in november 23, the site is closed until the 1st of april 2024.
Hjortø is one of the smallest inhabited islands in Denmark. It is a true island. The surrounding water is visible from almost every spot on the island. There are only five residents,
but luckily there is also a number of holiday cottages on this beautiful island.
Two shelters were build in 2017 and are now waiting for you to
come and experience being close to nature. A new one was build in 2022. There are tree shelters and they are
placed close to the harbour where you’ll find bathing facilities, toilets, and fresh
water. On top af that, there is a small museum where you in summer can buy an
Apart from that, there are no shops nor other possibilities for buying food on the
island so you need to bring with you whatever you need.
- Number of shelters:3
- The shelters accomodate in total: 12
- Drinking water: Yes, at the nearby harbour
- Toilet: Yes, same place
- Place for a campfire: Yes. Firewood can be bought at the harbor square.
- Distance to the harbour: 75 m.
- Shower: There is cold and hot water at the bathing facilities on the harbour.
- Dog: Only on a leash.