In the friendly little town of Lohals on North Langeland, you’ll find two shelters in the harbour: “Smørstakken” and “Vresen”. (The names for a local shoal and an islet)
There’s room to stand in both shelters, a window is facing the water, and benches have compartments for your luggage. Each shelter sleeps 4 at most. The shelters are located on the north pier and have fabulous views over the Great Belt, especially at sunset.
A table and bench set goes with each shelter and there’s access to a barbecue.
When you hire a shelter in Lohals Harbour, free use of all harbour facilities is included: free wifi, toilets, disabled toilet, shower (but token for hot water must be obtained), kitchen with hotplates, microwave, toaster, and electric kettle, tv room, table football, and air hockey.
In the harbour office is a fridge you may use for free as you may borrow/change cooling elements.
- Number of shelters: 2 (see description in tab on the left – THIS IS ALSO WHERE YOU BOOK INDIVIDUAL SHELTERS).
- Sleeps: Each shelter sleeps 4 at most.
- Drinking water: Yes. The harbour has tap water.
- Amenities: Toilet/shower and disabled toilet can be found on the southern side of the harbour building “Banjen”.
- Camp fire: No. But there are areas set aside for barbecues in the harbour.
- Distance to water: 5 meters.
- Camping: No. Camping isn’t allowed in the harbour area.
- Dogs: Dogs are allowed, but please make use of the dog waste dispensers of which you’ll find several in the harbour. Just south of the harbour you’ll find a wood where you can exercise your dog off-leash, a so-called ‘hundeskov’ (dog wood).
- Horses: If you arrive on horseback, your horse can’t stay in the harbour, but the harbour master will show you the closest place to stable your horse which is ca. 1 km from the harbour.
Especially for children, there’s a salt water paddling pool, a challenge playground, and trampoline. Fishing nets, crab fishing rods and underwater binoculars are also on loan.
Grown-ups can borrow bicycles and go for a ride through north Langeland’s lovely countryside or perhaps use them to go shopping in the supermarket Brugsen which is 1.2 km from the harbour. Lohals’ excellent bakery is within walking distance.
You can hire an electric cargo bike with room for 4 children and also electric bikes.
On the southern jetty, you’ll find a bathing pier with access to a lovely sandy beach and there’s also a floating swimming platform with a slide.
There’s a blue flag beach a little north of the harbour and a charming “troldeskov” (Troll Wood) full of gnarled trees.
The Archipelago Trail starts from the south end of the harbour and offers delightful walks along the southern coast line.
In the harbour itself, there’s an ice cream parlour, a burger grill, and a restaurant, and in town there’s an inn, a pub, and a gourmet restaurant, so there’s no need to go hungry or thirsty.
You can listen or perhaps dance to live music in the harbour from midsummer until mid-August every Friday and Saturday night. Every Tuesday there’s a market where you can find a little of everything, including food.
Do you fancy angling? Bring your rod and try your luck catching flatfish, mackerel, or sea trout.
You can also hire a padelboard.
The bus for Rudkøbing stops at the harbour.
The servicebuilding and habour office is closed between the 1.September and the 1.March, but a familybath with toilet is open the whole year.
We’re looking forward to seeing you.