This shelter site offers various extra services, such as firewood, breakfast, rent of mattresses and a barbeque grill – read more here.
Close to the historic Frejlev Forest you will find this idyllic shelter site in the corner of a private garden. There is a direct view of the forest, and the shelter is nicely undisturbed and isolated in the garden. There is access to a toilet with running water, adjustable fire pit, table-bench set, small outdoor kitchen, lamp and power for charging your gadgets, such as phone or electric bike.
While you’re in the area, sample the local produce: Kildevejen’s fruit and Frejlev Honey offer delicious temptations. From the shelter site it is just under 6 km to the town of Kettinge, where basic shopping is possible. If you need larger purchases, it is 9 km down to Nysted, which is located south-west of Frejlev.
- Number of shelters: 1
- Persons per shelter: 4
- Prices: 45 DKK per person in shelter.
- Tent site: No, it is not permitted to set up a tent.
- Drinking water: Yes, there is an outdoors water tap by the toilet.
- Toilet: Yes, there is a nice guest toilet available in the yard.
- Campfire site: Yes, there is an adjustable fire pit too.
- Wi-Fi: No.
- Information: Read more about the Frejlev city on their website.
- Charging: Yes, available directly in the shelter.
- Services: There is a small outdoor kitchen available
- Caretaker: See email receipt.
- Parking: Park along the driveway next to the field – see map below.
Would you like to sleep in shelter? Then book here: Shelteren “Skovbrynet”.
If everything is fully booked at Frejlev Skov, then we recommend Holten Strand, which is about 8 km south, or the local Frejlev B&B. In Nysted you can also find some commercial accommodations, such as the Cottage, Hotel Nysted Havn or Nysted Camping.