PLEASE NOTE: The water pipes are closed during the frost period. As such, the drinking water is unavailable from 1st November to 1st April.
In the village Stokkemarke you’ll find an old industrial site that has been turned into a nice picnic and leisure area. In this area there is a shelter with grassy roof, campfire site with grill, drinking water available and a primitive toilet. There is a nice view across the fields and idyllic villages, so take a breather and spend a relaxing night here.
The local grocery store, Stokkemarke Dagli’ Brugsen, is located only 800 meters from the site. The town also has its own bakery. There are bus connections towards Tårs, Nakskov and Maribo, if you wish to use public transportation.
About 3 km from the shelter you’ll find Thorlins Spisested og Gårdbutik, which is a fine local restaurant with their own yard sale, where you can buy charcuterie and colonial goods.
- Number of shelters: 1
- Persons per shelter: 5
- Tent site: No, setting up your tent is not permitted.
- Prices: 40 DKK per person in shelter.
- Drinking water: Yes, there is a water tap.
- Toilet: Yes, there is a primitive toilet.
- Campfire site: Yes, with grill rack.
- Information: Read more about the town’s history and activities on their website.
- Caretaker: See email receipt.
- Parking: You can park along the road.
Read what others think about Stokkemarke shelter site in the guest book.
Would you like to sleep in shelter? Then book by clicking here: The “Mejeriet” shelter.
If everything is fully booked at Stokkemarke , then we recommend the shelters at Saltvig, Hunseby, Spejdervænget or Bursø Grusgrav. In Maribo you’ll also find several commercial accommodations, such as Maribosøerne Camping, Dan Hostel and Milling Hotel Søpark.