Vejlø shelter and tent site
Get a unique nature experience and stay on the uninhabited island in the middle of Nakskov Fjord. Enjoy the view across the nature park and connect with the local wildlife. Vejlø has primitive facilities, but offers lovely beaches and walks. There is a toilet, drinking water and charging access nearby on the island.
It is about 900 metres from the pier in Lindelse, and just under 4 km from Hestehovedet, to the pier on Vejlø. If you are unable to sail or row yourself to the island, then you can contact the caretaker after booking for assistance.
Please note that during part of the summer holiday period, there is an island camp on the island, where you can expect life and activity. The rest of the year will usually be peaceful and idyllic. While the island camp is active, you’ll be able to buy refreshments on the island.
View a map of the island here. Please note that the northern part of the island is closed from 16th March to 15th July each year to protect the birds during breeding season.
- Number of shelters: 1
- Persons per shelter: 5
- Tent site: Yes, please book in the menu.
- Prices: 40 DKK per person in tent, 50 DKK per person in shelter
- Toilet: Yes, about 200 meters from the shelter.
- Drinking water: Yes, in the courtyard.
- Campfire site: Yes, directly at the shelter.
- Charging: Yes, available the barn.
- Caretaker: See email receipt.
- Services: Since the island is uninhabited, you’ll need to take care of yourself while on the island.
- Parking: Cars cannot be brought to the island. You can arrive in boat, kayak or canoe.
Read what others think about Vejlø shelter and tent site in the guest book.
Would you like to sleep in a shelter? Then book by clicking here: The “Knopsvanen” shelter.
Would you like to sleep in a tent? Then book by clicking here: Vejlø tent site.
If everything is fully booked at Vejlø, then we can recommend the shelter at Langø, which used to be an island of the fjord before the land reclamation. If you’d like to enjoy some more island life, then we recommend our shelters on Askø or Femø in Smålandsfarvandet.