This shelter site is located at the edge of Ovstrup Forest, overlooking a small newly established lake, where there is a good chance to spot deer and other animals. There is a campfire site, and access to shower and toilet, where there is also drinking water and charging access, as well as a covered dining area. There’s great access to the woods if you fancy walking, cycling and horseback riding. Horses are welcome to stay at the shelter, but you’ll need to bring your own portable pen.
There is a 2 km long family-friendly nature trail in the area with signs about Danish nature, as well as exciting ideas to help you contribute with improving biodiversity. If you need to go shopping, it’s just under 4,5 km to Eskilstrup, where there are grocery stories, a pizza shop and public transport towards Nykøbing F. and Copenhagen.
- Number of shelters: 2
- Persons per shelter: 5
- Tent site: Yes, please book in the menu.
Note: If you want to spend more than one night in tent, then please contact the caretaker beforehand.
- Prices: 50 DKK per person in tent or shelter.
- Toilet: Yes, there is a fine toilet available.
- Drinking water: Yes, there are water taps at the terrace.
- Campfire site: Yes, directly at the shelters, with grill rack.
- Wi-Fi: No.
- Charging: Yes, available at the terrace.
- Caretaker: See email receipt.
- Services: The shower is included in the price, and you can use the terrace to dine sheltered from wind and rain.
Firewood is available on the site, please bring your own hatchet or saw.
- Parking: There is a nice parking lot available.
Read what others think about Ovstrup Spejdercenter’s shelter and tent site in the guest book.
Would you like to sleep in a tent? Then click here and book your tent site.
If everything is fully booked at Ovstrup Spejderplads, then wee recommend Motel Højmølle Kro at Eskilstrup, or one of the shelters at Bavnehøj Fritidsområde, about 10 kilometers from Ovstrup. If you continue to Nykøbing Falster, then you can find a wide range of accommodation options.