This shelter site offers firewood service, click here to read more.
Sandby shelter site
Newly built shelter site in the village Sandby, with 2 spacious shelters available. The site is located at the edge of the town, along the Danish national cycle route 8, also known as the Baltic Sea route. There is a nice campfire site with benches available, as well as a primitive toilet. Next to the site you’ll find a large playground and activity area just on the other side of some trees.
3,5 km north you’ll find the village Skovbølle, which has its own Let Køb grocery store. If you need to do some bigger shopping, then there’s only 6 km down to the centre of Nakskov, where you can find a wide range of shops, cafés and restaurants, as well as the local tourist office and train station.
- Number of shelters: 2
- Persons per shelter: 4 — Note: Max 2 nights.
- Tent site: No, we suggest you try Tårs instead, which is 4 km away.
- Prices: 35 DKK per person in shelter.
- Drinking water: Outdoors at the church, 800 meters away.
- Toilet: There is a nice primitive toilet 50 meters from the site.
- Campfire: Yes, with benches.
- Caretaker: See email receipt.
- Services: The caretakers provide guests with a large water container with fresh drinking water.
- Parkering: Next to the site, along the road, please don’t drive further into the lawn.
If everything is fully booked in Sandby, then we recommend trying one of the following options: Sejerslund Bed & Breakfast, the tent site in Tårs, Nakskov Fjord Camping or the tent and shelter site in Langø.