NOTE: The water pipe is closed during the winter months from around 15th November until there is no longer any risk of frost weather. This means that drinking water is unavailable during this period. The toilet is not affected.
Utterslev shelter site
In the middle of the peaceful village of Utterslev, there are 2 nice shelters, one of which is handicap accessible. The shelters are located in the corner of a green leisure area, and have a nice view of the open fields surrounding the village. The area is planted with apple trees, and an old tjua where the children play. There are several tables and benches around the area, as well as campfire sites attached to each shelter. Additionally, there is a large grill hut too. Exercise equipment has been installed nearby, for both visitors and locals to enjoy. The area has the appearance of a natural plot of land where insects and flowers thrive, with well-trodden paths.
Next to the shelter site there is an old railway road, now called “Energistien”, which runs all the way to Horslunde. If you follow the big roads, then it’s about 3,5 km to Horslunde, where you can shop groceries if needed.
- Number of shelters: 2
- Persons per shelter: 3-5
- Tent site: Yes, please book in the menu. Note that it is only permitted to set up small 2-person tents, and to stay for max 2 nights.
Please take care to not damage plants and greenery when you set up your tent.
- Prices: 35 DKK per person in tent, 40 DKK per person in shelter.
- Toilet: Yes, there is a nice but primitive toilet with light, hand-sanitizer and toilet paper.
- Drinking water: Yes, by the toilet.
- Campfire site: Yes, each shelter has its own fire pit with grill rack, and additionally there is a big grill hut.
- Caretaker: See email receipt.
- Services: There is some firewood available.
- Parking: There is a parking lot directly by the shelters, only 2 meters from the handicap accessible shelter.
Read what others think about Utterslev’s shelter and tent site in the guest book.
Would you like to sleep in a tent? Then clik here and book your tent site. Please note that it is only permitted to set up small 2-person tents.
If everything is fully booked at Utterslev, then we recommend the shelters at Horslunde, Onsevig Havn or Sandby. Additonally, the area has the following commercial accommodation options: Pederstrup B&B, Sejerlund B&B, Onsevig B&B, Kragenæs Marina Lystcamp and Onsevig Camping.