Femø shelter site
This nice little shelter site lies in the middle of Femø’s beautiful nature. The two shelters are peacefully located in the corner of a former soccer field, so there is plenty of space for games and fun. The area is nicely sheltered by the surrounding forest, brushwood and hedgerows, and thus the wind is never an issue.
The shelters were drawn and built in solid timber entirely by the local residents association. The facilities are unusually luxurious, in particular if you’re unlucky with the weather; the former club house has a tea kitchen, dining area, toilet and a nice shower with hot water available. The tent guests have access to similar facilities through the door on the right side .
The shelter and tent site is located approximately 2,2 km from the ferry terminal. If you don’t fancy campfire food, then Femø Kro has a nice restaurant open every year from April to October. Make sure to shop groceries in Kragenæs before boarding the ferry, as there are no grocery stores on the island. Click here for information about the Femø ferry.
- Number of shelters: 2
- Persons per shelter: 4
- Tent site: Yes, book in the menu.
- Prices: 50 DKK per person in tent, 60 DKK per person in shelter.
- Drinking water: Yes, in the club house. Access code is available in email receipt.
- Toilet: Yes, in the club house.
- Shower: Yes, but only for shelter guests.
- Campfire site: Yes, with picnic tables.
- Information: Read more about the attractions in the area on www. femo.dk.
- Wifi: Not available.
- Caretaker: See email receipt.
- Parking: By the club house.
Shelter guests will receive the access code for the left side door in the club house.
Tent guests will receive the access code for the right side door in the club house.
Would you like to sleep in a tent? Then click here and book your tent site.
If this shelter site is fully booked, then we recommend visiting this website: Accommodation on Femø.